Touro College Berlin is happy to welcome transfer students at the Bachelor’s degree level. Transfer students seeking credits for previous academic work should arrange that an official transcript be sent to the Admission’s Office at Touro College Berlin.
Check if your credits are:
- Relevant to the program of study you are applying for
- Are equivalent to courses offered at Touro
- Completed with a minimum grade of C at an accredited institution
If you have completed a course from a non-accredited institution or organization, even if recommended for credit by the American Council on Education, it must be reviewed by the respective Departmental Chair before any credit may be transferred.
Touro College Berlin grants transfer credits for satisfactory coursework completed in a classroom setting, distance learning, or via experiential learning.
Things You Need to Know About Credit Transfers:
- A maximum of six credits is generally granted for previous work completed in technical or professional programs not offered at Touro College.
- Credits may not be awarded for courses taken more than 10 years prior to a student’s first semester at Touro College Berlin in natural sciences, business, and accounting. Transfer credit in all other areas except computer science is subject to departmental approval. For computer science, credit may not be awarded for courses taken more than 6 years prior to a student’s first semester at the College.
- Students with Associate’s Degrees from an accredited institution should have a minimum of 60 credits. They must meet the individual course and liberal arts requirements of their selected degree program. This may also include course-by-course evaluation to ensure that Touro requirements are satisfied.
- Transfer courses which are not equivalent to required coursework may be for elective or “blanket credit” and are evaluated in one of two ways:
- If the student has an Associate’s degree or higher, courses may be accepted as electives and course-by-course review may not be required.
- If the student does not have an Associate’s or higher degree, courses will be reviewed on a course-by-course basis and may be given a “blank credit” or elective course acceptance.
In both cases, credit is applied to the student’s program in the elective credit area(s).
- Transfer credits will be deleted for any course successfully completed at Touro College Berlin.
- To be eligible for a Bachelor’s degree, a transfer student must successfully complete at least 60 credits at Touro and at least 30 credits at one campus. In addition, a minimum of 50% of the credits in a student’s major must be taken at Touro. Therefore, Touro College would not transfer more than 60 credits for a Bachelor’s degree.
Students may transfer a maximum of 6 credits into the MBA or MA program.
Transfer credits are only awarded for courses that:
- Have content relevant to the MBA or MA courses
- Were completed in the last 5 years
- Where the grades received were either “B” or better, or a “pass”. In the case of “pass” grades, the registrar of the issuing institution must indicate in writing that the grade of “pass” is equivalent to a grade of “B” or better
Post-Enrollment at Touro College
Students wishing to take courses at another institution while enrolled at Touro College must obtain official permission in advance. They must submit a completed “Permit to Attend Another College” form, which is available at the Registrar’s Office. Failure to obtain official permission to take courses at another institution may cause either a delay in obtaining the credits or complete rejection of the transfer credit.